BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A dream vacation

When I was a kid my family vacationed in Carlsbad (quite a few summers in a row). We loved it and always stayed in this little condo across the street from their main beach, but my mom has always wanted to stay ON THE BEACH. Well her wish was granted this summer. Steve, the kids and I rented a place with my parents right on the sand. I remember when we checked in my mom said...this is always been my dream. So glad we could do this for her (and for us).

The kid's first stroller ride on the sand.


Looking for shells with Appa.


Steve pointing to our place...see, right on the sand. Awesome!
Gotta have smores at the beach. We had a great fire pit for it.

Me being goofy outside our place. What was awesome is that even when the kids were taking naps we could still be on the sand.
My dad doing what he does best.

Nothing like a big hole in the sand to keep the kids entertained.
My BFF JoAnna took this picture when her and her daughter came down for the day...honestly, I think one of my favorites pictures of Gideon EVER!
Me and my bud. We had so much fun that day.

Yes that is Steve all the way out there with Esther...that girl has no fear.


We had a little pool set up on the beach for Gideon...such a happy camper.
Esther has had ice cream before, but never her own ice cream cone. All I can say is that girl throughly enjoyed every drop of it.
Check out the sandy hand.

My dad enjoying the amazing view we had from our patio.
Of course we had to find a park. We designated one day as a non-beach day and enjoyed lunch out, some park time and Legoland aquarium.
Esther insisted on going on the slide with Gideon...I had to help a little.

Steve having just as much fun as the kids.



Every morning, Esther had a ritual of going out and feeding the seagulls some popcorn. I have to say, the highlight of our vacation.
And when she wasn't throwing it, she was eating it.
Bubbles on the beach...what could be better??

I can't even imagine how much sand Gideon ate on this trip...probably would sicken me to know.
The last sunset of our trip. {sigh}
One last feeding of the seagulls.
All and all it was one amazing week. Perfect weather and the water tempature felt sometimes like bath water. Hope we can definitely make this a tradition.

0 comments: