The last couple of years, my church hasn't had a women's retreat, so the opportunity came for some of us to go to the Women of Faith conference down in Anaheim. Now, I am not really a conference-type of person, but I thought I would give it a go, plus it was a chance to have an overnight trip away from the kids and get to spend some time with some great girls.
Needless to say it WAS good, but still not a conference person...too many people, too much time waiting in line to pee and not as much "expository bible teaching" as I would have liked, but I still had fun. After all, how could I not, I was with 4 of my dearest friends (and yes, my mom is one of my dearest friends). We laughed, we cried, we stayed up until 1:30 in the morning. It was a weekend I will never forget.
In our "first" hotel. Long story, but to make it short, we didn't stay the night because of a plumbing mishap that allowed poo to flow onto the bathroom floor....needless to say, we HAD to find another hotel.
(Kerri, Sandy, me, my mom & Tiffany) Sheila Walsh....amazing voice and a great Bible teacher.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
WOF
Posted by Kindra at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Even though it's not your thing I'm glad you still had fun and I'm sure you made some great memories.
Post a Comment