OK, so this past weekend was free dump day for all Yucaipa residents and since we tore the sunroom on the back of our house down, we had A LOT to dump. Steve made 3 trips on Saturday (thanks to our wonderful neighbor John who lent us his truck) and on the last trip (he was taking some railroad ties as well) they told him that railroad ties had to be dumped out in Fontana because of the chemicals in the ties that would get into the dirt (I know I know, sounds weird, since they were already rotted anyway). So anyway Steve was bummed but waited until today to get the load dumped. When he got to the dump site in Fontana, they charged him 40 bucks because of it being a load that required "special handling" ...bummer! Anyway, we also had a lot of aluminum to drop off (most of the sunroom is made out of aluminum and glass) so he took that to a recycling place in Beaumont...hoping to maybe make a few bucks. He came back with a $150 check!!!!! They gave him that much!! What a blessing!! He was SO stoked when he called me on his way home. And to get back to what I mentioned before...we are adding onto our house!! We are adding a family room, a patio and opening up our kitchen. I am SO excited, but a bit anxious at the same time. I will keep you all updated. Here are some before and after pics courtesy of Steve and his hard working friend Shawn.
~Kin
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment