So I am sitting here alone (well not really...Esther is playing on the floor near my feet..but I mean alone because Steve isn't here) and being Thanksgiving and all, I was thinking of ALL the things I have been blessed with. The first thing that popped into my head was that I am thankful that my husband, even though he was called into work today, is here in the states and not deployed overseas like SO many husbands, wives, moms and dads. I started to feel a bit sorry for myself because "I" wanted my hubbie HERE..with me..but then like it always happens, God hit me over the head and reminded me of how blessed I am for Steve to be here safe and sound. So thank you, who serve our country and aren't with your families this Thanksgiving...we haven't forgotten..we are still praying and thinking of you.
And next blessings I have in my life almost weren't! They are 2 of the biggest gifts anyone could ever receive....the first, my mom being here with us. It wasn't that long ago that she was battling the biggest fight of her life. And it got scary..and as much as I trusted in the Lord, still I was afraid. Afraid for my dad..to lose his wife of 35 + years, scared for my grandma who relies SO much on my mom everyday and afraid for me, to lose my biggest fan and to have her never share in my dream of raising my own children someday. But she is here!!! And I will never, ever, ever forgot the wonderful gift of life that God gave my mom. And to top it off, He gives Steve and I a beautiful, perfect baby girl. After years and years of trying and praying...He blesses us beyond our wildest dreams. There are many more blessings I have received, but with those 3 things: my mom. my daughter and my husband being home...this Thanksgiving, I am SO grateful. "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good: His love endures forever." ~ Psalm 118:1 ~ Kin
Thursday, November 22, 2007
So Grateful
Posted by Kindra at 12:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Thats beautiful! You are truly blessed Kindra, as am I. I am so blessed to know you.
Post a Comment