As some of you may know, I had a pretty awful Monday. I have had a "Franken~toe" (as my friend Jill calls it) for the past few years. My right big toe has had a fungus and has become ingrown and been very uncomfortable. I have been meaning to treat it for awhile now, but then I become pregnant and the treatment for fungus is pretty intense and you can not be pregnant or breast feeding while on it. I can't wear most shoes and I am in quite a bit of pain on and off, so I went to the doctor last week to see what my options were. He said removing it would be one option, since I couldn't go on the meds, they would remove it and then use some topical medication on it. So I made an appointment for this past Monday to have both my right big toe nail removed and part of my left big toe nail removed (it was becoming ingrown as well.) Oh and FYI, I believe going to get pedicures did it. Therefore I have stopped getting pedicures for almost 2 years now.
So I went in on Monday to get them removed. Now Steve has had one of his nails removed and told me that getting the shot was the worst part, so I didn't have much to worry about. He went with me (Esther stayed with my parents) and I am SO glad he did. It was some of the WORST pain I have ever experienced in my life....it's right up there with giving birth. They had to give me quite a few shots, and even though I was supposed to be throughly numbed, the pain was so intense. It took about 45 minutes and I will be honest, I cried the whole time. Now I consider myself to have a rather high pain tolerance, but the pain was OVERWHELMING!!! Not only did they have to remove the nail, but they also had to remove the fungus under the nail, which was the worse part. Needless to say, I only got the right toe done..I'm going to wait on the left. After all the crying and bleeding, we got in the car to go home and the pain was still so bad. It was a constant pain, but also every couple of minutes or so, this sharp needling pain would kick in and that would cause me to just cry out. The doctor gave me a prescription for Vicodin, which we filled ASAP. Anyway to sum up everything, I am still hurting. Of course the pain has lessened, but still exists. I have been trying to stay off my feet as much as possible, and Steve took the day off yesterday to wait on me (he's the best) and help out with Esther. I am hoping I will start to heal and feel better soon, because we still have things to do on our house.
And speaking of our house, the addition is DONE!! They just have to come back and finish up putting the tiles on the roof. But most everything is painted, the countertop is put in, the carpet and tile is installed. I can't believe it. We feel SO blessed to have all this extra space. We can all play on the floor and there is still room for the dogs and cats. Can't wait for y'all to see it!! I will post pictures when it's all decorated. ~ Kin
Thursday, February 21, 2008
High Pain Tolerance?
Posted by Kindra at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'm so sorry about the pain you had to endure. I lost my big toe nail on my left foot this summer in a moving furniture mishap and it was awful I was lucky though that it was quick not a 45 minute ordeal with fungus scraping. The first several days walking around were pretty bad but once it kind of scabbed over it didn't hurt anymore. The nail has now grown back almost completley. My nails grow slow. Praying you get past all the pain quickly.
Post a Comment