Wow....things have been really happening around our house. Steve and I spent ALL weekend painting our new room (a burnt orange and light green..sounds odd but it's beautiful), they did the template for the countertop on Monday, the electrician did all the wiring, they put our new floor tile in on Wednesday and Thursday, and today they are putting the counter top in as well as having the carpet installed. What a whirlwind! And even though everything is getting wrapped up, I have been in a funk these last few days. Oh the dust!!! I can not even tell you how OVER the dust I am and how it just seems to never go away. I spent some of my time last weekend, sweeping and vaccuming, dusting and moping because I was so tired of Esther crawling around in drywall dust (and for those of you that have had construction done at your house, know that that kind of dust gets EVERYWHERE). So for about a day and a half, the floor and house was free of dust. Then when they torn off the old tile on our counter and cleaned the floor to put down the tile and it started again. This beautiful, snowy white dust (notice the sarcasm) is all over everything again. So after everyone leaves today (as of right now, my contractor and his asst., the countertop guys and the carpet guys are here), I am SO looking forward to FINALLY doing some serious cleaning and Esther will once again be free to crawl anywhere her heart leads, unless it's towards the cat food, which is a WHOLE other problem in itself. ~ Kin
Friday, February 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Oh yes I know what you mean about dust. When we refurbished our wood floor and did some heavy sanding over the summer we had stuff everywhere and actually I'm still finding it hiding in places. Yiur room sounds wonderful, I'm sure all this hard work and stress of the situation is paying off big time. You will have years to enjoy your room.
We put our cat food on top of the dryer so that the baby and the dog can't get it but the dog food and dog water is a whole other story in our house.
Post a Comment