Ever since we had Esther and because of the writer's strike, we are watching less TV (which is really a good thing). The 2 shows we did like to watch as a couple were on hiatus (Heroes and Pushing Daisies), so we weren't watching that much in the evening. Well we got a DVR (like a Tivo, but from Time Warner Cable) about a year or so ago and let's just say, once you have one there's no going back (you can't watch TV any other way again). So because of only watching tv when Esther goes down for the night, we record a lot, so we can watch when we want and also fast forward through the commercials (awesome and makes the shows shorter). Steve and I also are very different when it comes to favorite shows..he likes watching how things are built and made and I love HGTV and cooking shows, but there is one show (besides Dirty Jobs) we TOTALLY agree on: Cash Cab. Have you seen it? It's like Jeopardy (except a little easier), but it takes place in a New York City cab and we are completely addicted. Ben Bailey is the host and he just picks up people hailing a cab on the streets of NY and then they answer general knowledge questions while going to their destination. 3 strikes and they are out and they have 2 helps: a phone shout-out (where they call someone they know for help) or a street shout-out (where they ask random strangers on the street for help). I just noticed that we have over 10 Cash Cabs recorded and it seems like we are always watching it in the evenings when we sit down to relax. A new season just started up and I am learning SO much as well. So hey, whoever says TV is mindless hasn't watched Cash Cab. It's on the Discovery Channel and on in the mornings at 10 and in the evenings at 6. Check it out, you may just learn something! ~ Kin
Friday, March 14, 2008
Cash Cab
Posted by Kindra at 11:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'll have to check it out. I was addicted to all the house flipping shows for awhile but not so much now. I love Heroes!
That sounds like my kind of show!! We all LOVE Jeopardy ~ I'm usually really good at like pop culturey type questions & Doug is awesome at History & for some reason my boys do really well with Foreign History ~ it's weird!! I have to look for Cash Cab!! O & yes once you have DVR/TIVo there is simply no going back!
Post a Comment