BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Wow, I can't believe it's been SO long since I have blogged. It's not that I don't think about it and want to share what is going on in our life, but I just can't justify sitting down for a solid 1/2 hour or so and just writing about me, when I have so many other things on my plate. So here I am, 4:30 in the morning, not being able to sleep because of my mind not being able to turn off. Well that and the baby is moving. So much that it's hard to fall back into that deep sleep once you wake up for the 2nd time to pee.
We have a lot going on right now. For me, not only being preggos and dealing with the heat...oh my gosh the heat!!! Don't get my wrong, it's not as hot here in so cal as it is in so many other places, but my hormones are making my body disagree. I wake up sweating and go to bed sweating...awww, being pregnant in the summer....fun, fun, fun. But also right now, I am preparing for the upcoming MOTs year. This will be my first official full year as coordinator and as excited as I am about all the things I know the Lord is doing in this group, it's also overwhelming. We have our leadership planning retreat this weekend, so I have been busy writing outlines, putting together folders, going back and forth to the church making copies and emailing reminders. So most of my free time lately, when Esther is down for a nap, because I can't get anything done when that little girl is up and about, is spent working on this ministry.

Then Steve and I have been planning for the arrival of our new little one. Our spare room still needs to be cleaned out and painted, so we can let Esther spend a few weeks sleeping in there before the baby comes. So once, MOTs is up and rolling, I know any extra time will be spent doing that.

Also wanted to update y'all on Steve's job. Steve has been working weekends (well at least either a Saturday day or a Sunday night) for a couple of years now. And I have learned to adjust. But just this week, he started his Monday - Thursday schedule. I can't believe he will be having both Saturday AND Sunday off. He has been working the 4/10 schedule for awhile and we love that, but now with a 3 day weekend, we have so many more options to get together with friends and do more as a family. Such a blessing!!

And Esther is doing great. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is constantly on the move and rarely sits still, unless Sesame Street is on. :) She's a great eater (tends to like everything & loves spicy food) and is mastering the fork and spoon. She is saying a few words...she said Colt (her cousin) and tiger the other day, but mostly just babbling, but she babbles A LOT. She still loves her cats and dogs and her face lights up when she sees them first thing in the morning. The animals are taking really well to her. Wyatt (one of our cats) doesn't seem to hide as much as he used to and she's learning how to be really gentle with them. I think they have all finally accepted the fact that she is here to stay, and we aren't returning her. She is such a joy to have around and I can't wait to be the mother of 2.

Like I stated before, I am pretty much HOT all the time, but other than that, doing pretty good. I have been dealing with a bit of nausea lately, but again, I think it's because of the heat. The baby is moving more and more everyday and I am growing bigger more and more everyday. (I will post some pics soon). Sometimes it makes me sad to think that this will be the last time I will be carrying a child, but I also think back to the time, when I never thought I WOULD be carrying a child, much less doing it twice. God has blessed our family in so many ways.

On a side note, the big question lately is do we know what we are having. With Esther we didn't find out until her bday and we are doing the same with this little one. We have all the green and yellow and the nursery is neutral, plus it's just so fun not knowing. And it's a tradition. My parents and Steve's parents didn't find out (obviously) and my brother and Pia didn't find out. So it's our family duty to keep it a secret. But hey, only a little over 3 months to go!!!

4 comments:

Jeff and Aimee said...

I'm so happy for you and all the wonderful things that are going on in your life. Please do post some pics. I want to see you in all your gestational glory. You'll cherish those pics in years to come, too.

Aimee

JamieB said...

so great to hear from you kin... although, i am sorry that you had to write it at 4:30 in the morning. and i can't believe your almost in that final stretch. i used to start counting down once i got to 10 weeks left. made it seem shorter for some reason!

Joanna Christiansen said...

This is such an exciting and stressful time for you with all that is going on but you are being so blessed. I am so happy for you that your hubby's schedule is now more family friendly. I can totally empathize with how you are feeling uncomfortable. I was so cranky and feeling so awful in the last trimester with Daniel and it wasn't Summer time which I know must exponentially increase your discomfort. If there is anything I can do let me know. I'm sure we will have a great year at MOTS and I know you will do a wonderful job as coordinator. I hope the retreat went well!

Tom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.