Well, I did it and it went GREAT. 2nd service was running a little behind (the Mayor of Yucaipa came and honored Pastor Don with a day of his own...July 11 being Don Hinkle Day), so I getting a little stressed about that. Then to top it off, I was called up front and then (because they were running behind) they played a snipit of Pastor Don's first service at YCC ever and I was just standing up there by myself, listening like everyone else. Like THAT wasn't nerve wracking.
Then came my time. I had written it all out, so I was hoping I would stay calm and NOT get emotional. I even made a joke about that at the beginning, that I would probably get emotional because I was after all pregnant. So it went great and yes, I did get a bit emotional, especially when I talked about all the prayer Aldeana has given our family, especially when my mom had cancer and all the years Steve and I were trying to conceive. But I was just being honest, she means so much to me and I think that showed.
Anyway, after church there was a big luncheon they had in honor of Pastor Don and Aldeana and so many people came up and told me I did great, which of course felt good, but the funny thing was people congratulated me on the pregnancy. I didn't mean to make it an announcement, but there still was a lot of people we hadn't told yet and I guess that was definately a way to get the word out...funny huh?
What meant the most was Aldeana telling me how much she appreciated it and how she didn't even know that someone was going to honor her, much less me.
So a shout out to 2 of the greatest, most Godly people I know, Don and Aldeana Hinkle. I love you both so much and thank you for making my family feel so at home at YCC and making it a place we love to come and serve.
The pic of Aldeana was taken at our MOPS Christmas Party and she is holding my friend, Joanna's little boy, Daniel.
The pic of Pastor Don was taken on Halloween at our church's carnival and as you can see Esther adores him.


6 comments:
i'm so glad it went well! and i'm glad it surprised and blessed aldeana. that's the biggest compliment
Oh Kindra, I am so happy it went as well as it did. I still have time to really get to know Aldeana, and I can't wait. She's been such a sweetheart to me and Dominic and we've just begun w/ the group. She definately deserved it!
i memed you ;) check my blog for details...
Hey I thought you did an awesome job and really honored Aldeana. I love the pics you posted and what a nice surprise to see my own Daniel!
Hey Kindra-
I'm meming you. Please participate! I want to read your answers and it's fun. Check out meming on my latest post on my blog. Pleeeeeease...
Aimee
Great news Kin!! I knew you would do awesome!
Post a Comment