BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My boy

So I realized that as a second child, Gideon, like most second children got a bit of a raw deal. I know I blogged and blogged about all the cute things Esther did and how she was progressing and then I noticed I rarely do that about Gideon...so here it goes.
Gideon is now 20 months and HUGE. He weighs in at 30 lbs and is 34 inches tall. He has these big wide feet that require not just any shoe and has this thick wavy hair that we keep shaved because I have one kid's hair to do every morning and after every nap that I don't need another's to do.
But being as big as he is, he is such a sweet boy. I mean, don't get me wrong, the boy has a temper and definitely doesn't like to be told what to do, but he is so sweet and loves his momma. He is constantly giving me hugs and love and smiles the biggest smiles when I get him up in the morning. He is a GREAT eater but loves blueberries and strawberries and eggs the most.
He isn't talking too much...I mean some words here and there, but he does have his favorites to say. One of them being hot. EVERYTHING is hot...oh my gosh...even if it's not hot, he says it is. I honestly don't know what the kids is going to do when it gets cold, lol.
He loves watching Curious George and Dinosaur Train and loves books. He will just grab a a book and get up on the sofa (or get in an empty laundry basket) and "read"....it's so cute. But his all time favorite book is Where the Wild Things are...he requests it every night. If you try to read him something else, he shakes his head and grunts. Oh and he is a BIG grunter. He points and grunts..his main way of communicating. Everything is a grunt and a head shake, whether yes or no. Cute, but kind of getting old...it's like "talk already, boy".
But he is SUCH a welcomed addition to our family. He definitely completes us. And the kids are playing more and more together. There is less and less fighting and more and more playing and giggling. They will go in Esther's room and a whole 20 minutes will go by without me having to go in there and be the ref. As challenging a time this is, it's such a fun time too. Nothing sweeter than watching my kids play together and be sweet to each other...I mean, isn't that what every mom wants??

2 comments:

Sarah said...

he is so fun!

Melissa Marina said...

loved this blog. Feel like I know Gideon a little now. Sweet boy!