Esther is doing GREAT. She has mastered the wave and waves to everyone and everything. She is still staying with us in church services, because she is SO good, and I know that won't last forever and we will have to put her in the nursery, but for right now, I love all 3 of us sitting in church together. She is crawling like she has been doing it forever and now she is at the point where she LOVES to pull up on everything...needless to say, NOTHING is on the coffee table anymore and the animals have learned that if they want to be left alone, they better leave the room she's in. Even though, Isabel LOVES Esther, Liberty isn't so taken with her, and we know it's gonna take some time, but all and all the animals getting used to sharing the same space with her. They probably figured out she's aint going anywhere, and they better get used to it.
Speaking of space, ours is definately expanding quite quickly. Our addition is in full force and the whole room is finally enclosed. It has been quite loud lately with all the sawing and hammering, but amazingly Esther has learned to sleep through it and my parents were sweet enough to open their home to us last week, so we were able to crash there. But it's really starting to look like a living space, and I can actually start imagining furniture placement and color on the walls.
Also I wanted to share something that saddens me, but a lot of you may not know about. I was on the phone with my friend Kerri today, and she asked me if I wanted to get lunch with her and some other girls on Saturday. I said "yea, that sounds like fun, where?" And she told me Red Lobster. Now if you knew me 2 years ago, you know I would have JUMPED at the chance...I love their shrimp and salmon and their biscuits (YUMMY) and Steve took me there on our first date, but I told her I didn't go there anymore. She asked why, probably thinking I got food poisioning there or something like that. But I told her is was because Red Lobster bought most of it's seafood from Canada and Canada has an annual seal hunt, which is the largest commercial hunt of marine mammals on the planet. Canadian fishermen hunt and kill seals in the hopes that there will be more fish for them to catch and sell to restaurants and stores. So I have boycotted Red Lobster until they stop buying Canadian seafood. Kerri was blown away, she said she had no idea something like this went on. But please don't just take my word for it, read about it yourself. http://www.hsus.org/protect_seals.html Not trying to be preachy, just something that I think more people should know about and I am glad I have the opportunity. ~Kin


1 comments:
Wow I am surprised that I was unaware of Canada hunting down seals like that. We are members of Defenders of Wildlife. I had no idea that Red Lobster had that connection. I love Red Lobster but we haven't eaten there in a long time. I hope they will find a new source to get their seafood from.
The house is looking really good. It will be done before you know it.
Esther beat Daniel to the wave. He almost does it but not quite. She is such a cutey!
Post a Comment