BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Celebrating my mom's 2 years!

This past Friday, Esther and I went with my mom and dad to City of Hope's Bone Marrow Transplant Reunion. Everyone there is either a transplant recipient (or a family member) or a bone marrow donor. It was so touching to see recipients who are meeting their donor for the first time. One man came all the way from China to meet the man whose life he saved. It was VERY touching! There were SO many people there and everyone wears these big buttons that list how many years ago you had your transplant. My mom's button read 2 years (it's actually been 22 months) and it was a great time to just reflect and again give thanks for my mom being here. Sometimes I take for granted that she is here and healthy and doing great. And my dad and I commented on how we need to remember that not only is she here because of God's amazing grace, but also because these doctors are on the top of research and are constantly looking for a cure for cancer. So a shout out to the doctors at City of Hope..you ROCK!!! Thanks for giving my mom another chance at life!

4 comments:

Jeff and Aimee said...

I'm so glad you still have your mom, Kindra.
Aimee

Joanna Christiansen said...

I have been truly blessed by having the opportunity to get to know your mom. Its hard to imagine if she had not been able to fight so hard and have such good doctors and God on her side, I wouldn't have been able to meet her. I'm so glad you have her still and that she is such an inspiration and light to so many others.

JamieB said...

thanks for this post,kin... i was thinking about all the junior high moments that your mom was a part of and i am so thankful for what she meant/means to me. tell her hi for me ;)

Anonymous said...

Kindra ~ that's wonderful! I'm sure that experience of being there was truly magical. Congratulations to your family ~ continued prayers going your way!