Well we have returned and we had a GREAT time. We started off our trip visiting my brother and his family up in Morro Bay. It was actually really hot when we arrived on Friday. My brother works in SLO and said it got up to 107!!! So we headed to the beach. It wasn't Esther's first time at the beach, but first time playing in the sand and running around.
Matilda and Colt have really taken to the water. I was truly amazed how they just get out there and caught the waves.
There is this yummy pizza joint in Morro Bay called Pizza Port and Steve and I never miss a trip there when we visit. They have outside seating and this really cool tree for the kids to climb in. Are they not just the cutest niece and nephew ever???

Monday morning we headed up to San Francisco. Now this was our first offical vacation with a toddler and we learned many lessons on this trip, but the most important lesson we learned was traveling in a car longer than 2 hours in a car with a toddler is ROUGH!!! Needless to say, Crandell road trips will be postponed until further notice.



The next day we headed to the Aquarium of the Bay (Esther is a fish fanatic). They had these 2 huge underwater tunnels you can walk through and Esther just couldn't get enough.

Walking outside the aquarium is Pier 39 which has a great view of Alcatraz. We were hoping to take a tour of that island on this trip(ever since I saw So I Married an Axe Murderer) but thought Esther might not enjoy it (go figure).

The official residents of Pier 39. Wow they are loud!!

This really cool park right outside our hotel.

Esther loved Chinatown. But what's not to love: amazing food, lots of noise, tons of people and chicken feet!!
My brother told us about this great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from this place called Fort Point. A definate must see in SF.

On the way home from SF, I wanted to stop at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and take Esther on a ride on the carousel. It's such a landmark and I loved sharing a special moment with our little girl.


Spent the day with Eric and Pia and the kids on the way back home. And we bought Esther some cute Chinese pajamas in Chinatown and Colt had a pair that still fit him. It seems like I never get a picture of just the 2 of them, so this was my perfect opportunity.

Eric and Pia live near (and I mean RIGHT across the street from) a great park. We always spend a lot of time there when we visit. The kids always have blast.


So all and all it was a great trip, but of course great to be home. I always miss the cats and dogs so much!!
There is this yummy pizza joint in Morro Bay called Pizza Port and Steve and I never miss a trip there when we visit. They have outside seating and this really cool tree for the kids to climb in. Are they not just the cutest niece and nephew ever???
Monday morning we headed up to San Francisco. Now this was our first offical vacation with a toddler and we learned many lessons on this trip, but the most important lesson we learned was traveling in a car longer than 2 hours in a car with a toddler is ROUGH!!! Needless to say, Crandell road trips will be postponed until further notice.
Our first stop in SF was to the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park. And after a hot weekend on the Central Coast, it was nice to feel the chill of the SF air.
The next day we headed to the Aquarium of the Bay (Esther is a fish fanatic). They had these 2 huge underwater tunnels you can walk through and Esther just couldn't get enough.
Walking outside the aquarium is Pier 39 which has a great view of Alcatraz. We were hoping to take a tour of that island on this trip(ever since I saw So I Married an Axe Murderer) but thought Esther might not enjoy it (go figure).
The official residents of Pier 39. Wow they are loud!!
This really cool park right outside our hotel.
Esther loved Chinatown. But what's not to love: amazing food, lots of noise, tons of people and chicken feet!!
My brother told us about this great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from this place called Fort Point. A definate must see in SF.
On the way home from SF, I wanted to stop at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and take Esther on a ride on the carousel. It's such a landmark and I loved sharing a special moment with our little girl.
We spent a couple nights in Cambria after Santa Cruz. If you have never been there, you have to visit. It's so beautiful and just a great place to relax and enjoy God's creation.
Spent the day with Eric and Pia and the kids on the way back home. And we bought Esther some cute Chinese pajamas in Chinatown and Colt had a pair that still fit him. It seems like I never get a picture of just the 2 of them, so this was my perfect opportunity.
Eric and Pia live near (and I mean RIGHT across the street from) a great park. We always spend a lot of time there when we visit. The kids always have blast.
So all and all it was a great trip, but of course great to be home. I always miss the cats and dogs so much!!
But here are the lessons we learned on the trip:
1) Travel during the night when traveling with a toddler.
2) Always bring a knife with you, great for cutting up bananas for Esther's breakfast.
3) Park your car yourself. There's the valet who unloads your car, moves your car, and brings your car back to you and then the guy who takes your baggage up to your home...that's a heck of a lot of people to tip.
4) When staying at a hotel in a big city, check with other garages to park your car, don't just go with the hotel, we saved $20 a night parking our car elsewhere.
5) Don't wait until 8pm to feed a toddler...she will be cranky and so will you. Map out restaurants ahead of time.
6) There's a reason all those people in San Francisco are running around with SF sweatshirts...always pack something warm to wear, even in the summer.


2 comments:
looks like you had fun... adam and i went to that same spot to see the bay bridge. it's such a cool city - and colt looks a lot like your brother, if i remember right! hope you feel well and esther recoops too!
Kindra-
You've possibly given me a lot of good ideas for our next vacation. I really enjoyed the pics and reading about what you guys did. I love the pic of Steve and Esther in front of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Do Matilda and Colt throw forks at each other like you and Eric used to?
Aimee
Post a Comment