BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 18, 2008

God is growing me....don't you hate that???

Ok, so most of you know I have been the MOPs (soon to be MOTs) Coordinator at my church for about 8 months now and I love it. I have grown and been stretched in so many ways, but I love the fact that I am being used by God and used to serve so many women...it's such a blessing and one I feel honored to do everyday. Ok, so that should be enough right?? I mean I am serving God...but is He content with just that???...uh no!! I get a call the other day from our music pastor and they are putting together a 15th anniversay of service celebration for our pastor and his wife. It's going to take place this Sunday for both church services. His wife's a mentor at our MOPs group and has been for quite some time. Well the music pastor, Olin asked me to share, just 3 minutes worth, about Aldeana's contribution to MOPS and her impact on our lives. My first reaction was NO WAY. And I had some good excuses; he wanted me to share during 2nd service and I don't go to 2nd service and Esther takes a nap during that time and I don't really know many people who go to 2nd service and it would be nice to look out and see people I know and plus he asked me Wednesday and I didn't have enough time to prepare. Those were good right??? But of course, I had to pray about it (and talk to my mom about it) and you know what that means?? I am doing it. None of my excuses were good enough. Here God has given me this amazing opportunity to honor someone that I love and to share with everyone all that she has done for our church and I didn't want to do it?? Now that I put it in writing, I can't believe I was even going to say no. So as scared and nervous as I am, I know God is growing me and I am thrilled that He has chosen me to speak about Aldeana. But hey, if you want someone to pray for this weekend, I could use it! Thanks. ~ Kin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kindra ~ you're going to do great! There's no pressure & it'll be easy because Aldeana is an easy person to talk about ~ I mean she's simply amazing & has touched so many lives of mamas! I usually attend the 1st service, but I think I'm going to try and make it to the 2nd so I can help support your 3 min of fame!

Jeff and Aimee said...

You would have regretted it if you hadn't agreed to do it. It'll be great and Aldeana will feel so appreciated. :)
Aimee

JamieB said...

so how'd it go?? i logged on to see if you'd written a follow-up yet!

Kindra said...

Thanks Jamie. I went ahead and posted something. :)ihufa