Today, Steve told me to come out in the backyard, because he and Esther had found a frog. I was assuming it was just a regular green frog. Come to find out, the little sucker is an oriental firebellied toad. He's gorgeous. I still can't believe he was in our backyard. Steve caught him and after we decided we didn't have any more room in our menagarie, I called my friend, Darci. She has 3 frogs already and some bugs, so I thought she might be interested in adding "Fuego" to her mix. She of course said yes. So Fuego will be leaving us tomorrow morning, but for the time being, Esther is obsessed. Can't you see the love in her eyes? Oh and Steve made him a wonderful temporary home out of a flower vase, a spider plant and some smooth stones. He also caught a cricket out in the garage for his dinner. With this kind of treatment, Fuego might never want to leave!!!
Friday, September 26, 2008
Our unexpected house guest
Posted by Kindra at 9:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That is soooo cool! How in the world did it end up in your yard?
Darci was telling me about him yesterday. She was SO excited...LOL
He sure is a gorgeous frog!!!
Fuego sure is beautiful. His home looks really nice. I'm sure he will be really happy at Darci's though.
Aimee...I have no clue. I hope no one is looking for him though...he lives in Beaumont now, lol.
Joanna...I know he will he happy there. Darci is already calling him HERS not her boys, lol.
I love Fuego and he get's more crickets than all the other guys -- shhhhh, don't tell my boys. He is precious and actually has a personality. Although my husband is not appreciating my growing frog farm (we have 7 now), I am loving it. I am growing to like their "clucking" too -- I told Scott that maybe it is because I was not allowed to have pets growing up. He asked me if Dr. Phil gave me that idea...lol.
Post a Comment