I don't think I posted this, but about 6 weeks ago I came down with a cold. It was pretty bad (being sick and pregnant is always bad), but it was doable. I was able to function and taking Theraflu (one of the meds you can take while pregnant) helped. While being sick, we launched MOTs and Steve and I were able to go to San Diego. Well the other morning, I woke up with a sore throat. I thought maybe it was due to allergies and I had just happened to sleep with my mouth open. But alas I woke up Thursday morning, feeling pretty terrible...all the signs of a HUGE cold. And yesterday was even a worse day. Thank God, Steve was home to watch Esther and let me get some rest. I am taking Theraflu, drinking TONS of water and of course, the old stand by, eating lots of chicken soup. I am trying to recover quickly because Steve and I are headed down to Laguna Beach on Sunday for our 8 year anniversary. I NEED to be well by then. Not only will it be a great getaway for the 2 of us, it is out first trip without Esther and our last trip before the little one arrives. So this morning, I woke up feeling A LOT better. Still not my best, but I do have a glimmer of hope. So keep praying.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sorry Kindra. Ironically, Jeff and I went to Laguna Beach to celebrate our anniversary this year and I was sick, too! I remember on the second day, I was slumped over in a booth at Outback Steakhouse, wondering which of their soups would feel best on my throat. I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
Praying--Aimee
Being sick is such a bummer especially when it seems to last forever and never goes away, and you are pregnant on top of that. I am so glad you still got to get away and have that alone time with hubby. Praying you keep feeling better and better.
Post a Comment