This week was our first official meeting of MOTs. And it went GREAT!! Our theme this year is the Fruit of the Spirit: Getting Past the Peeling and each month we will be focusing on on a different fruit. For all the moms to get to know the leadership team, I had the steering team and mentors come up front and introduce themselves and then share what "fruit" they think they exhibit the best and which "fruit" they feel they should really work on. I thought I was going to say kindness is one I feel that I exhibit the best, and most of you who know me, know my heart for the hurting and for animals. But when it was my turn I said peace. And honestly there is no way I could have said that last year, much less 2 months ago.
God has been working on it. Typically I am not a peaceful person. I typically stress out about things and the beginning of the summer, I was really overwhelmed with being coordinator and starting the year without an assistant coordinator, without a "Tater Tot" coordinator (tater tots are our kids) and without enough workers for the kids. But as the summer progressed, I begin to realize (something I should have knows all along) that this is GOD'S ministry and if He wants it to exist and succeed, then He will provide. Of course, I was praying and working on finding people to cover these positions, but there are things that aren't within our power. And with everything else I had to be doing, I focused on those things and trusted that God will do His part. Sometimes in ministry, we think WE have to do everything and we leave God out. He's our partner and He is there to provide for what we need. In my case, He provided me PEACE!
I have such a peace about MOTs and know that as long as I stay in prayer and in His Word and do what I need to be doing and not flaking on things, He will do the rest.
Quite a few women came up to me after the meeting and told me how great they thought it went. And how they could see His peace in me. That's the biggest blessing of all. I mean, isn't that the point of having His Fruit in our life, so other's can see it???
Oh and He has provided a Tater Tot Coordinator (2 days before our 1st meeting, but none the less) and we started the year with plenty of workers. Still working on an assistant coordinator, but I am not going to be the one worrying about it...He will provide!!
Friday, September 5, 2008
Peace
Posted by Kindra at 7:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Kindra-
Of course you are excused from the meme thing! I'm sorry to have given you even a moment's anxiety about it. Thanks for all of the fun new posts on your blog. When you post, you really post! By the way, your last comment on mine made me laugh out loud, and no...I'm not jealous. :)
Aimee
Post a Comment