Well we did it. Our new baby is here. Gideon Vincent Crandell was born on Thursday December 4th at 8:23 am. He was a big guy, weighing in at 9lbs. 2oz and 21in long. He was brought into the world via c-section and that was a blessing. As I told in the previous post, we found out he was breech because of an ultrasound they did, after I went to the hospital because of the flu. And after talking to my doctor, we decided against turning him outside the womb prior to my due date because we thought he might be a big guy anyway. Well that turned out to totally being a "God thing". When he was born, we found out not only was he big, but the cord was wrapped around his neck 3 TIMES!!! If we had tried to turn him, I would have had to have an emergency c-section and Gideon's life could have been in jeopardy. Needless to say, God's hand was totally on our family and I am SO thankful. When I think about how good God has been to this family, well it brings tears to my eyes. And I can't wait for you all to meet the completion to the Crandell family.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Introducing Gideon Vincent
Posted by Kindra at 4:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Awww. He is so sweet. It is amazing how God works. What wonderful story you will be able to tell him about his entry into this world.
Oh he is gorgeous!!! Look at that proud daddy, love the pics!
Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad the details all worked out for you guys and that you see how God was moving and blessing you even when it seemed a little like a bummer! You all look wonderful and blissfully happy as you should be!
You guys are so cute. Esther seems like she's taking it well. I hope that continues! (Ben was fine at first, but he eventually realized the baby wasn't going anywhere and he freaked out on us.)
He is amazing!! Perfect, and so big! Thank God for c-sections!
Hey Kindra! I found your blog through Angela's blog. Congratulations to you, Steve and Esther. Gideon is a beautiful, handsome little man. What an amazing family you guys have created. I am so happy for you.
Love,
Jillian
Wow! Him and Mae can have a talk about giant 9 lb babies turning around in wombs!
Congrats. :) I'm so glad everything turned out wonderfully. What a perfect family you are! :)
So cute!!! Great pics guys! see ya with diner tonite
congrats!!
he is so beautiful. it brought tears to my eyes...
how's esther doing with the new baby?
Congrats! He is just beautiful! I hope that the delivery wasn't the ordeal that Esther's was!
Post a Comment