BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Horrible Day

Last night, we spent about 2 hours in Urgent Care. It all started with Esther dancing around the living room to ABBA. She loves to just spin and spin in circles, getting herself dizzy, which always makes us laugh. Well this time, she was in the living room spinning near our non-kid friendly coffee table. She got so dizzy and as she fell down she smacked her head on the edge of the coffee table.
Without going into TOO much details (honestly, Steve and I are trying to forget we were ever in the room when they stitched her up), we took her to urgent care where she had to have 9 stitches above her left eyebrow. She is doing great now (of course, kids bounce back SO quickly), but it was the worst experience of our life. She's too little to understand what was happening and having to hold her down while they numbed the area, then stitching her up...well, let's just say, there was a puddle of my tears on the table and Steve and I were emotionally spent.
But I have to give props to Steve. He was amazing. He kept singing Jesus Loves Me to her to let her hear his voice, as the doctor stitched her up. He had to be the one closest to her head because I had attend to Gideon when he started crying. Steve stayed SO strong.
But there is a silver lining to this experience and it is that I fell in love with Steve a little more yesterday and once again, it was confirmed that I am glad he is the father of my kids.

The infamous coffee table.

Her 9 stitches.
Esther watching Bolt when we got home. Nothing like a good distraction.

6 comments:

Joanna Christiansen said...

Oh ow! It looks so painful! It is so hard to see our kids hurting and feel helpless. I love that the experience brought you and Steve even closer.

This Is Me, Doing What I Do said...

Poor baby girl! Things like that are so hard to get through! But wow what a story you have Kindra! A tragedy that turned into something good for you & Steve.
(((HUGS))) to Esther & you!!!!

Jillian Sandler said...

OH no! Poor baby! Kids really do bounce back don't they??!

Sarah said...

Im glad ur girl is o.k. u never want to go through that as a parent. Hopefully that will be the first and last time in the e.r. for head injuries!!!!!!! love u esther

eric said...

Bummer!

Scars add character!

littlecbsmom said...

That is so sad, I can only imagine how hard that was! I remember when the doctors went to snip Brody's tongue tie I could not do it! I too thanked God for Bryan and the strength God gives him. He just designed us perfectly to go together and it is a great answer to the age old question..."Why are men and women so different?"

I'm glad she is handling it so good!