BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lil' E says.....

I used to post cute things Esther said on Facebook, but since I am no longer on there (too much to explain, so let's just say that the negative outweighed the positive on being a member), SO many of you (all 5) will miss out on the cute and wonderful and sweet things Esther says on a daily basis. So I am adding a new segment to my blog...Lil' E Says.
So this weekend, we went up to my brother's in Morro Bay and we spent some time in San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara. We were "hit up" by quite a few homeless people. Anyway, Esther was looking at them inquisitively. I told her that some of them didn't have homes and that some had no where to go because they might not even have families to love them. She gave me a weird look and that was it...no further discussion.
Well, today Esther and I were in the parking lot of Vons, putting our cart away and a homeless man came up to us and asked for change. My wallet wasn't on me, so I said, "Sorry, I don't." When he walked away, Esther said, "He has no bed. I have a bed....big girl bed. Jesus loves me." Then she smiled a big smile. We then had a conversation where I told her that Jesus loves that man too, just sometimes it isn't enough. It's about choices and he might not have a bed or home because he made bad choices or something bad happened to him that he couldn't control. We then talked about our need to share Jesus' love with others. It was one of those "teachable moments"...one of our first.....and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

I'm happy to see you back to your blog! To much is missed can be missed on facebook!

Thanks for sharing your precious stories! What a blessing those two are!

Sarah said...

ahhhhh gotta love her!

Jeff and Aimee said...

Wow! There's a lot going on in that little three year old's head. Amazing.

Joanna Christiansen said...

What sweetie! She talks so much more than Daniel does. I'll miss you on FB!

The Gurganious Family said...

Good talk!! Nolan always asks "Did that man go to college? Was he a bad boy for his teacher?"