BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Our baby is 3

A month ago our sweet, funny Esther turned 3. And it was QUITE the shindig. Not only was it Esther's first kid party, it was the biggest playdate I've hosted. 10 kids and 7 mommies and I survived. It was a gorgeous Friday morning and those 2 hours flew by. They ate, dug, swang and played. My little girl is growing up.

Our Ni Hao, Kai Lan chinese wonderland.
Little umbrella cupcakes for her friends and a Ho Ho cupcake for our birthday girl.


Getting ready to blow out her candle.

Her friends.

My mom was my right hand that day. Don't know how I could have done it without her.

Most of the kids

The next day (Saturday) was Esther's actual birthday and we spent it getting pancakes, balloon animals and some great deals at yard sales.

That evening we had all our family over for dinner. We had a great dinner of asparagus mac n cheese on the patio. It was the perfect evening.

My "girls" in the playhouse.
The whole fam damily. Except me, of course, the photographer.

My girl being, what else, silly.

Getting ready to blow out her candles.
I can't believe she is 3. She is the funniest little girl I have ever met and has about 20 different goofy faces. She is constantly singing songs, dances around the house to ABBA and praise music, loves animals and is a great helper in the kitchen. She's fearless, becoming a great swimmer, knows all her colors & tells me all the time that she misses me (even if we spent the whole day together). My life is definitely brighter and more challenging with her in it. What a miracle she is. In the words of her Amma, she is definitely "our icing on the cake."

0 comments: