I mentioned in a post awhile back that I was not only participating in the Relay for Life for my mom and dad but also for my friend Heidi's mom. She has been battling pancreatic cancer for awhile now and today she went home to be with the Lord. Heidi is someone I actually knew in high school but we weren't really close, even though our brothers were like best friends growing up. Anyway, Heidi and I reconnected through MOPS and become even closer being on the Steering team together. She has been such a dear friend and confidant. It broke my heart when I got the news today, but it also was a total answer to prayer since her mom has been dealing with extreme paranoia, anxiety and pain and it's been SO difficult on Heidi's father.
I wanted to post this because I not only wanted you all to know so you could be praying for the Miller family and the Hutchenson family, but also as a reminder to take the time to appreciate our parents because they aren't always going to be there. Heidi and her mom were as close as my mom and I are and I know she always thought her mom would be there, at least for another 20 years or so and now her life is never going to be the same. So if it's been awhile since you have told your mom or dad that you love then, pick up the phone and just get in the car and drive over there and tell them......because you never know.
Also another prayer request: A family at our church lost their little 3 year old boy, Daniel last week when he climbed up a chest of drawers and it fell on top of him and crushed him. Please keep the Munoz family in your prayers as they are grieving terribly. Just another tragedy to remind us that life is short.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Life is precious
Posted by Kindra at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
There has been so much sadness lately. I cannot imagine losing a child or my mother at such a young age. I know we should celebrate that Heidi's mom has gone to be with the Lord and they will be reunited one day but I feel so bad for the loss she must be experiencing. I'm taking a meal to the Munoz family tonight and I pray I can find something to say that will comfort them and that they will find some strength in the meal.
Post a Comment