BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 30, 2008

In God's hands

Well, I ended up with the flu on the Friday after Thanksgiving. We were supposed to have my family and Steve's family over for dinner that day (14 people in all), but needless to say we did not. I ended up going to labor and delivery around 1pm, since I couldn't keep anything down and I was having contractions about 7 minutes apart due to dehydration. The doctor subbing for Dr. Avants told me to come in so they could give me some fluids through an IV and some anti-nausea meds. Steve and I ended up being in the hospital until 8 that night...YUCK!!! But before I was released, the doctor wanted to check the amniotic fluid and make sure the baby was OK. When she did an ultrasound, she informed me the baby is breech!!! And I will be having a c-section. A little bummed of course, but I am trusting in God. I have an appointment with Dr. Avants on Tuesday morning and will most likely schedule my surgery then. Just praying that I don't go into labor before then. Flu and labor...not my idea of a rip-roaring good time. Please continue to keep me in prayer and that the surgery would go smoothly and the baby would be fine. I guess there is more of a possibility of the cord wrapping around the baby's neck when they are breech. Again, I will keep you all posted, especially when I know the actual time and date of the c-section.

5 comments:

littlecbsmom said...

That doesn't sound like fun at all with the flu!!! I will be praying for all you and looking forward to your updates!

Unknown said...

Hey Kindra!
Mae was a breech. They did turn her once though (she was one of the very few that went back). Did you ask about turning External Cepheliac Version? Before they schedule your surgery make sure and ask. They can do it if you and baby are alright and there's enough amniotic fluid. Which way is your little one turned? Did it impact how much you were dilated at all??
Okay. I'm done. Just make sure you ask about the ECV!! :)

JamieB said...

i'm praying!

Mee said...

Hey Kindra-
I have a friend who was nervous about having a c-section, but once it was over, she was convinced that if she had another baby, that was the way to go. Maybe that sounds odd, but she really did like the predictability of it. It sounds like it's a good thing that you had to go to L and D so that they saw the baby's breech. Sorry about the flu part. That's horrible when you aren't pregnant, so I can only imagine how bad it is when you're full term. We're praying for you.
Aimee

angela said...

That sucks, Kindra. I'm sure everything will be completely fine. I'm so excited to meet the new baby! :)