Most of you that are reading this know me as many things, one of them being an animal lover. I think animals are amazing and beautiful and I want my kids to grow up appreciating them and respecting them as I do.
I have never been a fan of circuses (I mean, clowns HELLO..scary) but I especially don't like ones that have animals performing. I'm not talking about domesicated animals such as dogs and cats, but the exotic variety: elephants, tigers, etc. I think the way the animals are treated is cruel, as well as forcing them to perform and do "tricks" that aren't natural for them .
Ringling Brothers is bringing their circus to town (Ontario) in July and I just wanted to post this to inform you because I think that a lot of people don't know what is going on. For example, did you know that a coalition of animal protection organizations have immediately ordered a halt to Ringling Brother's cruel practice of shackling and confining endangered Asian elephants for days on end that prevents them from walking or even turning around in place?
If I can't get on my soapbox here, then what the heck is blogging here for?
Please read this article and decide for yourself.
http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/circus-cruelty.html
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Circuses: Stop the Cruelty
Posted by Kindra at 8:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Just want you to know, your not the only "freak" that doesn't like circus'.
I have four children, the oldest being 13 & we have NEVER been to a circus & never will!
Recently a few friends of mine went to the local circus (you know the one I'm talking about) and asked if I was taking my kids...I told them, NOPE!
She thought I was crazy.
Then I saw the pics of 5 people on the back of an elephant, one being an adult that I personally know!
How do they think that poor elephant felt? Let's put 5 kids on your back & have you walk around in circles for HOURS on end!
OK, climbing down off of my soapbox now.
Thank you for posting, I just may do a post on my blog as well.
That has always bothered me as well, to see animals caged when they should be allowed their freedom. Why is it ok to do this to animals and not people? How does this make it any less cruel or unfair?
Post a Comment