Szechuan Chicken with Peanuts
Steve walked in the house and thought I had ordered thai food. I couldn't believe how good this was...just as good as take out, but probably 1/4 of the fat. I have made stir frys and wontons in the past and that's pretty much as asian as I have cooked, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Definitely gonna make this again and again.
1lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
3T. hoisin sauce
2T. cornstarch
1/2c. chic broth
2T. rice vinegar
2t. sugar
2t. chili-garlic sauce
1T. canola oil
1T. minced, peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced on a diagonal
1/4c. unsalted, dry roasted peanuts
Combine the chicken, 1T. of the hoisin sauce, and 1T. of the cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside. Combine the remaining 2T. hoisin sauce, 1T. cornstarch, the broth, vinegar, sugar and chili-garlic sauce ina small bowl and set aside.
Heat a non-stick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in the oil, then add the chicken. Stir-fry until almost cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic; stir fry until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the bell pepper, carrots and peanuts; stir-fry until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, and the chicken is cooked through, about 1 minute. 4 servings
Thursday, May 7, 2009
This week's recipe
Posted by Kindra at 9:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Mmmmmm, that sounds good! I may have to borrow sometime!
pictures please. I love to see food pictures. next time take a picture. I think this one sounds good but I don't think it will fly for my whole family. thanks for sharing
Love the pic idea...I will for sure next time..thanks.
sounds yumy
Post a Comment