Hearty Black Bean and Sausage Soup
I can't even tell you how much I LOVE this soup. This week was the 4th time I have made this soup. The flavor is incredible. The sausage, jalapenos and cilantro are SO amazing together. I always have 2 helpings. :) Great with cornbread.
1/2 lb. sweet Italian turkey sausage links
1tsp. olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
3 (15 1/2 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray and set over medium-low heat. Add the sausageand cook until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate. When the sausage is cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Heat the oil over medium heat in the same saucepan, then add the onion, garlic, and jalapenos. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in the beans and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the flavors are blended, about 8 minutes.
Transfer 2c. of the bean mixture to a blender or food processor and puree. Stir the puree and the sausage into the soup. Simmer, uncovered, until the soup is heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the cilantro and serve.
6 servings
Friday, May 1, 2009
This week's recipe
Posted by Kindra at 11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Soundy yummy! I am always looking for soup recipes especially with the weather here! My husband will love the jalepeno, this goes on the menu next week! Thanks!
Post a Comment