BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

8 amazing years

Well Tuesday was Steve and my 8 year anniversary. Since we celebrated last week with our trip to Laguna, we kept it low key. Steve brought me home some daisies and lilies (2 of my fav flowers) and we had a nice home made dinner of bbqed teriyaki turkey, asian veggies and mashed pototoes and a dessert of tiramisu and tres leche cake. YUM-O!
I can honestly say that these 8 years with Steve have been the best of my life. And not the best in saying that they were the happiest, because we have had some really hard times. About 2 years after we were married, Steve got deployed to Greece (because of 9/11) That was hard not seeing him for 4 straight months and just talking to him a couple times a week. Gave me a small taste of what a military wife has to deal with..gave me a new respect for those moms who hold the fort down for their hubbies while they are away. Then Steve and I dealt with trying to conceive for 3 and a half years. That is really hard on a marriage. But God blessed us in 2006 with becoming pregnant with Esther. And then there was my mom's battle with cancer. Steve stood by my side as I spent more and more time at City of Hope and not being home with him. Then taking my grandma back and forth to doctor's appt because my mom couldn't and on top of that taking a pay cut because I needed to cut back on my hours at work so I could do more for my family.
So I can honestly say Steve is my rock. He doesn't let me give up on things, he calls me out when I am making dumb choices and he is my biggest cheerleader. And we have spent some time in some beautiful parts of the world and I couldn't ask for a better traveling partner. Now, with us expecting out 2nd child, the "final 4" as we call it (since this is it, kid wise), I couldn't be more excited about being the family we have always wanted to be. He is the best father, friend and husband a girl could dream of and I look forward to many more wonderful, hard but fun years ahead.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's so great to tell people that a good marriage and good years aren't defined by happiness, but by agape love.If only more people knew that before they get married I think that you'd have less divorce. Being married is hard, but it's the best kind of work.
Congrats on 8 years! That's practically forever in today's marriage stats! :)

JamieB said...

it was great to hear the why's and what's of your marriage. thanks for sharing

Joanna Christiansen said...

Congrats on your 8 years!! I think you and Steve make an amazing couple the few times I have been around the two of you together its very apparent that there is a deep connection between the two of you and like you said he has been your rock. I also I have to congratulate you on finding such a handsome guy to spend the rest of your life with. Way to go on finding Mr. Right!!

Sarah said...

ahhhhh so sweet

The Gurganious Family said...

Way to go! We are halfway there!