BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A TV show worth saving

There aren't a lot of shows Steve and I can agree on watching together. There are basically 3: Cash Cab, Dirty Jobs and Pushing Daisies. I just read an article recently that was a cause for concern. "
The quirky, critically-acclaimed drama "Pushing Daisies," about a pie maker who can revive the dead just can’t seem to catch a break. Its first season was interrupted by the writers’ strike and now its second season’s ratings have been falling weekly (with viewership well below that of last year’s). Sure fans love it and want desperately to save it, but unless all the brouhaha turns into viewers, Ned the pie maker will find himself trying to bring the show back to life. "

I don't even know how many of you have seen it, but honestly, it is one of the most intelligent, well written, quirky, fun, sweet and clean shows I have seen in a long, long time. Steve and I started watching last season and were instantly hooked. The premise seeming far fetched and maybe a bit morbid, is so smart. It's about a man named Ned who owns a pie shop and can bring people back from the dead. But he only can do it for less than a minute, or someone else will die in their place. And after that minute, he can not touch them again, or they will not be able to be revived...ever. Confused yet? It's really not that confusing. So the show is about how Ned uses his talent to bring people back from the dead just long enough to find how they died and help solve murders. The other subplot is his childhood sweetheart, Chuck. He brought her back to life, but they can not kiss, or touch because she would then die forever. What's sweet about it, is that they are deeply in love, yet find other ways to be close without physically touching. It may sound odd, but it's refreshing and sweet and something Steve and I enjoy watching together. So if you find yourself home on a Wednesday night, turn on channel 7 and you might just find a show worth watching.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

NOO!! I love Pushing Daisies. I've watched it from the beginning. It's so perfect.
I keep telling others to watch it. It's a nice little romantic-fairy tale-cooking show-mystery to watch on Wednesday. So clever and so different.
People need better TV taste!