This is a line I have heard in one of my favorite Christmas songs. And I have had this cd for about 6 or 7 years now, and it just hit me last week. The Birth of Grace. Before Jesus came, this world didn't know grace or mercy. Sure, they had seen men show mercy to other men, typically men that loved God, but the world didn't know grace like the grace that God shown us in that little baby. I love to read about the nativity story...about Mary hearing from the Angel that she was going to have God's baby and she was SO young and afraid, but TRUSTED God and knew He was going to carry out His promise, Mary and Joseph's trip to Bethlehem that was derailed (or so they thought) and they had to have their baby where animals ate and relieved themselves, about the shepherds coming to worship this baby they had heard about...I just love it all. But what I love most about this story, is that grace was born. Grace that would take my place on that cross and grace that would allow me freedom and access to the Creator of the Universe.
I woke up early this morning and had a chance to have some time to myself before the fun and magic of Christmas begins, so I grabbed a cup of coffee and read Cosmic Christmas by Max Lucado..something I like to do every year but this year because of 2 hurricanes names Esther and Gideon, I didn't find the time. So as I read it this morning, I was again moved by ALL that was orchestrated to have God come to earth. I know Max wasn't there, but he has a way of writing and hey, it could have happened that way. I am SO glad I had a chance this morning to have so time to reflect on why I am here and why I am forgiven and that I can love unconditionally and that I can be the best mom and wife to my husband and kids....because the birth of Grace.
Merry Christmas.
Saturday, December 25, 2010
The Birth of Grace
Posted by Kindra at 7:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
:) beautifully written
Post a Comment