BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Gonna miss "baby land"

So in about 25 minutes, 30 close family and friends will be arriving to celebrate a year since Gideon's entrance upon the world and our life. I have to say it's been an amazingly challenging but rewarding year. I love being a mommy of 2 and how fun to have both a girl AND a boy....I truly feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams, since there was a time in my life where I didn't think I would have 1, much less 2.
But as much as I love how Gideon is growing and talking more and starting to walk, I find today a bit bittersweet. I do dream of those days when Steve and I can travel on a plane or all day in the car and not have to worry about changing diapers, but I am also sad to be leaving "baby land" behind. Don't get me wrong, I am TOTALLY not wanting another baby, but just feeling a bit sad to never have that time back where I get to have a soft, warm little body fall asleep on my chest or to nurse a baby to sleep (Gideon pretty much gave up nursing a few days ago). Just like I am leaving a part of me behind. I love being a mom of babies and I am totally NOT a baby person. But I am also reminded how blessed I am to be able to experience being the mommy of 2 babies. Our dear friends, Nick and Breann are adopting 2 boys from Ethopia and they will never have that time of being a mommy and daddy to babies....but they are still SO grateful to be able to just BE a mommy and daddy after years of waiting.
So I am so thankful I have had this time with my kids....the waking in the middle night to feed, the rocking them to sleep in my antique rocking chair, the cuddling, the carrying them around in the babybjorn. But I am SO excited about the new chapter in my life that is about to begin.....having 2 toddlers.....or am I terrified???

"baby land"

0 comments: